As a Co-op member, you are formally invited to our Annual General Assembly!
It's that time of year again where the Hive invites you to its Annual General Assembly. Come learn about all the things the Hive has accomplished over the year, and elect the new members to the board of directors!
WHEN: Tuesday October 17th, 2018 at 18:30
WHERE: Mezz Hive Café Co-op (SGW Campus)
BRING: Your membership card
We’ll have free food, tea & coffee!
The board is looking for new members to join our board!
- One (1) to Two (2) Seat(s) for Student User members*
- One (1) to Zero (0) Seat Non-Student User Member*
- Four (4) Seats for Worker members
- Two(2) seats for professors
*pending ratification of a Board of Directors resolution
Before running please consider the commitment of being an active board member below:
- Each board member is committing to a two year mandate, and is expected to dedicate 4-6 hours per month to the organization.
- Board members are expected to attend monthly board meetings which last approximately 2-3 hours.
- In addition to monthly board meetings, board members are expected to sit on at least one active board committee, to be determined at the first meeting of the year. Committees typically meet once or twice a month for 1-2 hours.
This year, the Hive is looking for Board of Director candidates that have experience in the following areas:
- Food knowledge and politics
- General legal/liability counsel
- Business decision making
- Business Branding
- Strategic business development
- Online Marketing
- Business to Consumer Marketing
- Social Economy experience
- Grant writing
- Human resource management/group decision making
- Financial literacy
- All active board members will receive discounts at the cafe.
In your email include a brief description of who you are, and why you want to get involved. All candidates will also be requested to present themselves at the upcoming Annual General Assembly.