As a Co-op member, you are formally invited to our Virtual Annual General Assembly!
It’s that time of year again where the Hive invites you to its Annual General Assembly. Join us over zoom to learn about all the things the Hive has accomplished over the year and learn about what we are planning for this coming year while the University is closed. This is also the exciting time when we get to elect the new members to the board of directors!
WHEN: Thursday, October 22nd @ 5:30pm
WHERE: The comfort of your own home via zoom
Registration: please RSVP via the Google Form by Wednesday October 21st, 2020 @ 7pm here. (note you will need your membership card or number – if you don’t have this please email
us ahead of time email@example.com).
The board is looking for new members to join our board!
- Two (2) Seats for Student User Members
- One (1) Seat Non-Student Community User Member
- Three (3) Seats for Professor User Members
- One (1) Seat for Worker Members
- One Seat for a Community Support Member
Before running please consider the commitment of being an active board member below:
- Each board member is committing to a two year mandate, and is expected to dedicate 4-6 hours per month to the organization.
- Board members are expected to attend monthly board meetings which last approximately 2-3 hours. Please note due to Covid all meetings are currently happening over zoom, but this might change.
- In addition to monthly board meetings, board members are expected to sit on at least one active board committee, to be determined at the first meeting of the year. Committees typically meet once or twice a month for 1-2 hours.
This year, the Hive is looking for Board of Director candidates that have experience in the following areas:
- Food knowledge and politics
- General legal/liability counsel
- Business decision making
- Business Branding
- Strategic business development
- Online Marketing
- Business to Consumer Marketing
- Social Economy experience
- Grant writing
- Human resource management/group decision making
- Financial literacy
Fill out the Google Form attached in the RSVP
Send a brief email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*In your email include a brief description of who you are, and why you want to get involved. All candidates will also be requested to present themselves at the upcoming Annual General Assembly.
‘See’ you there! BONUS THERE WILL BE PRIZES 🙂