The Hive Cafe Solidarity Co-op envisions accessible food systems that are socially, economically, as well as environmentally regenerative that are operated locally and democratically.
The mission of the Hive Cafe Co-op is to be a model food system at Concordia University that provides food through sustainable practices and empowers the student community.
At the Hive Cafe we value:
- HEALTHY FOOD that is organic, locally grown, and varied
- JUST FOOD that is accessible, affordable and ethically sourced
- SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES that are socially, economically, and environmentally sound.
- FAIR REPRESENTATION of the diversity of our members, stakeholders and community.
- Strong ACCOUNTABILITY & TRANSPARENCY to our members, stakeholders and community.
- EMPOWERING STUDENTS as vital actors in the decision-making process
- Upholding FAIR LABOUR RELATIONS, WORKER & VOLUNTEER RIGHTS within the Hive Cafe.
- Cultivating a GROWTH MINDSET at the Hive Cafe through continuous learning opportunities.
- Nurturing SAFER COMMUNITY SPACES that are welcoming, non-judgmental, and promote inclusion of a diversity of people.